Monday, December 22, 2008

Movie Review: Saving Private Ryan (**NO SPOILERS**)

Hello and Family Safety To all! Earlier today I rented the 1998 comedy romp Saving Private Ryan! Although the film was listed as a comedy on the box, I found myself struggling to get a lot of the jokes and questioning the film's direction. This oddball comedy opens up with the men storming the Normandy Beach all clowning around and doing army jokes! (My friends are cool, I have one friend who is tall and one friend who is short we call them the Brady Bunch! LOL!)

The story is of the Ryan Family and 3 of the 4 Ryan brothers have died in the army in different funny ways. The story is of the wacky John H. Miller (Played by Jon Hanks) who is trying to save the other brother (who is alive) and the jokes that get John out of it. I didn't understand some of the jokes because some of it was dark humor and over my head. For example, I didn't get the joke in the ending scene of Captain Miller dying after rescuing Private Ryan and Private Ryan feeling upset because his friend was killed. (I kind of got the joke, but was that supposed to be very funny? This is NOT Wedding Crashers)

Although much of the comedy missed the mark for my tastes, there were definitely parts had me rolling in the aisle! I couldn't control my laughter in the scene in which the family is at the War Memorial mourning their sons deaths and one of the family members has a look on there face that tottally said, "Get me outta here, I just want a slice of pizza pie!" (LOL that will be in my mind for weeks! Think: Wedding Crashers but funnier!) I reccomend the movie to anyone who is in the mood for a Dark Comedy, that will cause even the most serious viewer (like this blogger) to break up with laughs!

As far as the acting was concerned, I liked how they were trying to save the Ryan Family and I got that joke! They were like Champions in that part! But I didn't like the look John Hanks had in his eyes the entire movie. Almost looking at the viewer and challenging them saying, "You're family is next to die, unless you protect them!" I didn't get all of the killing jokes but I got many of them. So Get your Popcorn and grab your tissues because if you're anything like this blogger at some parts you will laugh yourself to tears! And Today I will use the right Deoderant (Right Pop Pop?) Eventhough I didn't quite get some of the jokes I rate this 3 out of 3 safe families Up!







EDIT: I CANNOT EXPRES HOW SORRY I AM! I NOW REALIZE THE MOVIE WASN'T INTENDED AS A COMEDY. I AM TERRIBLY SORRY AND ASHAMED FOR MY IGNORANCE. MY FRIENDS ARE COOL. THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE BOX OF MY TAPE. I PRAY FOR THE FORGIVNESS OF THOSE I'VE UNINTENTIONALLY OFFENDED (LOL). PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS OUT ON MY FAMILY!!! I HAVE SINCE VOICED MY OUTRAGE TO BLOCKBUSTER! WITH PEACE AND LOVE MARTY P.

No comments:

Post a Comment